Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back To School Outfits And First Day Rundown

 Hi! It's Amelie posting today, as promised.

Today was our first day of classes, overall it was ok, in my opinion of course, Marion will post her perspective of the day sometime soon. Many new students got lost trying to find their way to various classes, so Marion and I were glad to help them, we remember last year being confused and scared as we made our way to classes.

First period I had Literature, which is our equivalent of public school "English". In Literature we read and discuss various pieces; poems, stories, fairy tales, broadway scripts, and sometimes we even act out our own variations of plays.

Second period I had Orchestra, which I hate. I'm not good at violin and I never have been, I was placed into the class last year out of random. I hope to drop the class this year.

Third period was break time which I spent in the library and the local cafe, I needed some books for classes, and this period is an hour so I use it for a lunch break, too. Marion stayed in the library and had a salad in the lunch room.

Fourth period was Honors Mathematics, and I really like it this year, the teacher is so funny and laid back -  I really excel in these environments.

Okay, so now for our first day outfits, excuse the quality, these were taken just for fun.

I wore a floral print shirt, a white cardigan, and grey shorts. I decided to stay cool and relaxed for my outfit, instead of a dress or something.
Marion wore a red vest and a nautical like romper, she loved it because it was comfortable and classy.

Hope you all had a great first day, or if you haven't started, good luck.

-Amelie

2 comments:

  1. Hallo! Wie gehts?
    I used to take German in school, plus my best friend's dad is a German teacher! That's so neat that you're from Germany. It's such a gorgeous country!
    Your outfits are cute! Glad the first day went well! I have my first day outfit all picked out.
    Tschüß!
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? That's neat you used to take German!
      Germany is a beautiful country, I can't wait to go back during the holiday break.
      Thanks for your compliment on our outfits.
      Sorry for the late reply!
      -Amelie

      Delete