Monday, August 26, 2013

Welcome & Back To School

Good Evening, It is Amelie!
Welcome to our blog, 'our' refers to my best friend Marion and I.  Marion is French-Russian, so you may see some French on this blog when she posts.
 We met when we were very little, about 4 or 5. I was staying in a German hotel on vacation, I'm from and live mostly in Germany, but I was in the heart of Germany, I live close to the border. 
Anyway, Marion and I started talking in the elevator we were in, and we have been best friends since. We kept in touch due to the convenience of email, since sending mail to another country is a bit tedious. However, last year, we both got something very exciting in the mail. We were accepted to a United States school, Peacefulvalley School Of Arts, to be exact. We instantly emailed each other about it, little did we know, we would be sharing the same dorm on the same campus. We packed our bags, and flew to the U.S

I'm blogging from my laptop on the floor in our dorm right now, as we have yet to get our furniture delivered (The school delivers furniture to dorms after the students move in).  We are quite excited to spend yet another school year in America, and we decided to start blogging our adventures, from the good exciting times, to the sad and angry times. We rarely fight, so don't expect drama between us. Other people on campus, however? Some are accepting of foreign students, others not so much. There are tons of other students on campus from all over the world, it makes it so culturally amazing, being friends with people from all over, all about your own age. 

I'll update tomorrow with our back to school photos, we will show off our outfits. I'm interested in fashion and design (as well as many, many other things, especially Beauty and the Beast, but I'll go into detail about that in another post) so I'm sure I can come up with something nice out of the clothes I brought with me. 


-Amelie Strauss

No comments:

Post a Comment